Propel designs, develops and delivers electric marine propulsion systems in the leisure segment. Our goal is to advance affordable and accessible electric propulsion and battery systems, that support the transition to decarbonization and clean mobility on waterways.
Do you like the joy of creating unique, valuable and sustainable products with a team of like-minded individuals? Then this might be the role for you!
As an Electrical Engineer you will work on the development of both marine propulsion technology and associated inverter, battery, and controller technology. You will be part of the engineering team, and you will focus on the development of the different Propel products on component and (sub)system level.
You will be responsible for executing electrical engineering projects in our technical team. These projects typically include motors, controllers, batteries, BMS's and chargers. Furthermore, you work according to compliance standards for electrical components and systems.
You get excited from creating unique valuable and sustainable products with a team of like-minded individuals. Right now our team is rapidly expanding, will you get on board?
- (Re-)designing, drawing and documenting wire- and cable trees and electrical circuits for e-boats;
- Integrating customer specific systems in electrical circuits;
- (Re-)designing (high voltage) battery systems, wiring diagrams and – harnesses for e-boats;
- Selection of the required electrical components such as sensors, connectors, switches and relays;
- Pro-actively come up with ideas for Improving existing electrical circuits and executing these ideas;
- Installation and testing of the electrical systems in Propel products;
- Contribute to electrical safety in Propel products.
What we offer
- We offer an international and attractive working environment, with professional and enthusiastic employees who look beyond the boundaries of their own discipline so that optimal cooperation takes place;
- A place in a small enthusiastic team and the opportunity to grow with us;
- In addition, we offer a challenging, informal working atmosphere in which respect for each other is important, where each other is looked after and where the lines of communication are short;
- Propel operates as a start-up. This means that it can be entrepreneurial and dynamic at times, and that systems and processes sometimes need to be defined from scratch. At Propel we see this culture as an advantage and opportunity;
- Your benefits package is always competitive, but depends on your experience.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Electrical Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
- Knowledge of Electrical Engineering obtained by a Bachelor/Master in Electrical Engineering;
- Good knowledge of CAN-bus systems;
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience as electrical engineer in marine (in automotive is a plus) is preferred;
- Experience with electric- or hybrid propulsion systems;
- You work in a systematic and structured way;
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations concerning electronics design, including ISO26262/16750 and NEN 3140/9140;
- Cooperate with engineering colleagues (including those in Silverstone and Apeldoorn) and interact with product development & marketing teams to improve current solutions and contribute to the development of new products
- You are proactive, a team player and have a hands-on mentality;
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and English (both oral and written).