Propel designs, develops and delivers electric marine propulsion systems in the leisure segment. Our goal is to advance affordable and accessible electric propulsion and battery systems, that support the transition to decarbonization and clean mobility on waterways.
Do you like the joy of creating unique, valuable and sustainable products with a team of like-minded individuals? Then this might be the role for you!
As a Mechanical Engineer you boost the development of our Electric Marine Powertrain technology. You will contribute to the design and validation of components, systems and subsystems. Propel conforms to industrial development processes like APQP. You will work with colleagues from various disciplines and with suppliers in a multi-disciplinary environment.
As we are working on cutting edge technology, our product development is continuously facing a number of design challenges. Given the size of the team, we expect you to be able to work independently in an autonomous setting. You get excited from taking the lead in development projects and are able to connect with colleagues from different disciplines. Right now our team is rapidly expanding. Will you get on board?
- Write and maintain requirements;
- Create designs and execute studies on new systems;
- Coordinate engineering activities between internal departments and external suppliers;
- Design, develop and validate mechanical constructions;
- Analyse the available options for make or buy decisions;
- Ensure integrity of design and mechanical deliverables in line with legal, safety and customer requirements;
- Document all process steps for both internal and external use.
What we offer
- We offer an international and attractive working environment with professional and enthusiastic employees who look beyond the boundaries of their discipline so that optimal cooperation takes place;
- In addition, we offer a challenging, informal working atmosphere in which respect for each other is important and where the lines of communication are short;
- Propel operates as a start-up. This means that it can be entrepreneurial and dynamic at times, and that systems and processes sometimes need to be defined from scratch. At Propel we see this culture as an advantage and opportunity;
- At Propel, there is room and attention for your individual development;
- The opportunity to manage and participate in the development of new and cutting-edge technologies, such as our Axial-Flux motors with integrated controllers.
- A fun and modern working environment in the City of Amsterdam.
- Your benefit package is always competitive (including a bonus scheme), depending on your experience.
- Bachelor or Master level in Mechanical / Maritime / Automotive Engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar environment;
- Experienced in DFA, DFM and DFC;
- Knowledge of e-drive systems;
- Experienced in Automotive development processes and tools (such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA, etc.) is a plus;
- Experience with 3D CAD and PLM is a must, experience with SolidWorks CAD and PDM is a plus;
- Experience with ISO16315 is a plus;
- Pro-active, team player, hands-on mentality, going the extra mile;
- Experience with Electric or Hybrid Technology is a big plus;
- You have good communication skills in English, both oral and written, where Dutch is a plus.